LiveWire

Friday, March 03, 2006

Was that really me ???

I am not a vocab genius. Yet, here I was, on the 3rd of March, 2006, resting on my couch with my feet propped up on the nearest chair, pen in hand, staring at The Hindu MetroPlus crossword. Managed hardly 5 words.

With an "Oh, what's to lose" attitude, I pick up the the main paper, open it to the daily crossword page, fold neatly and professionally like it's all I'm interested in. True, after hopes of my MBA in India crashed out, I didn't give a damn about reading the newspaper (Call me dumb, call me selfish, call me an engineering student who just wants to prepare for the exam and forget about it, call me whatever, I just gave up after trying too hard... although not very proud it)

Where were we... ah yes, the crossword section. Armed with pen and paper, my eyes chanced upon an easy clue in the Down section. I fill it in. The next one is easy too. Hmmm, two easy clues in a row? Can't be. I move to the Across section. Well, easy. This is cool! Maybe the crossie guys at Hindu decided to give me a break after all :)

So, within 30 minutes, there I am, with just two more words to go. I sink, blink, think. Nah, the way the letters are, I'm sure I wouldn't know them. Wrap it up there!

Now, inside my head, I'm dancing, singing, screaming, pretty much rocking. Coz I checked with the blog of a noble gentleman who posts the solutions. All my words are right baby! Mailed my joy to Mathu... the Goddess who inspired me to take up crosswords as a hobby.

Well, I still stink at it, but at least once I got it right!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 

Site Counter