LiveWire

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

why mom, why ?

I have an assessment, first thing wednesday morning. Numerical methods. easy, yes, but i wanna ace this subj.

n wat happens when i get home ? mom asks me for help. she needs to research some 20 or more nursery rhymes to find appropriate ones for the primary class textbooks. now im thinking, hey, i can do this. she needs my help coz she cant use the comp. n how many times has she put me on top of her priorities ? cant i do this little thing for her ? i am her daughter, who else will ?

so, i give myself this senti speech n dutifully decide to comply with her request. wat she points to, i click. wat she wants, i copy. i started at 6 15 something... it went on, and on, and on, and on, and on. 24 rhymes. it was 9 45 when i printed them out.

i was supposed to have called pooj at 9, discussed math. called her at 10, finished jus before 11. dad was home during the entire conversation. n he knew bloody well it was math i was talkin abt the whole time.

so, 10 45 i walk thru the hall to the dining room to get my dinner. n im stopped by dad, given a 5 min lecture on not spendin time on phone, questioned on my mannerism of studying on the phone (hey, i was teaching, not studying !!!) and warned that my telephone connection would cease to exist if this happened again. im tryin not to raise an eyebrow, leave alone raise my voice.

n where was mom during all this ? in the same room, having dinner, watching the news. not a word from her. noth saying 'she was doing work for me' or 'she was busy with other things' or 'she is helping her friend' or anyth !

thanx mom, thanx a lot. thanx for pointing out that big tattoo on my forehead which reads : SUCKER

my fault. im not supposed to bring any senti into my thought. n when i do, im corrected by incidents like this. awesome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 

Site Counter