LiveWire

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The one for me

There lives a man for me
A man, I'm sure, not a woman.

The one for me, my one and only
The stars have aligned to unite our paths.

But will he love me?
Doesn't matter. As long as his parents like me.

Is there a place for me in his heart?
Doesn't matter. There is a place for me in his house.

Will he let me wear black?
Doesn't matter. It's ominous. (Lace excluded.)

Will he be a good person?
Doesn't matter. His parents are the best people in the world, just like mine.

Will he charm me with his humour?
Doesn't matter. He will be taller than me.

Will he respect me and my ideas?
Doesn't matter. He will be Stanford educated.

Will he treat me as an equal?
He better. I'm giving him a hundred kilograms of gold.

Will he headbang with me?
Doesn't matter. He can afford the speakers.

Will no mean no?
Like it matters. Ha!

Will I serve him with love?
Doesn't matter. I will serve him dinner every night.

Will he let me work?
Of course. As long as I am the wife in this marriage.

Will he make my parents happy?
Of course. What kind of question is this?

Will he make me happy?
Of course. Refer star alignment.

Will he make the whole world proud?
Of course. Refer Stanford education, speaker affordability.

Will our children be good people?
Of course. Refer lineage of best people.

Will I forget everything else that happened?
Of cou... Wait... nobody said anything about...

Will I snap and lose my bearings?
Listen... there are duties. As a wife, as a daughter-in-law.

Will I get to speak my mind?
Of course. As long as nobody is offended.

Will I think and act different from others?
Now... why not just be normal for once, like everybody else?

Ok. Come, let's get married.

11 Comments:

  • Impressive train of thoughts! :)

    By Blogger Devy, at 11:38 PM  

  • Lost for words... Brutally true musings of arranged marriage I guess!

    By Blogger Sriram, at 4:21 AM  

  • Are you thinking what i am thinkin..Does this mean you finally have an answer for my only question???

    By Blogger Old White Tiger..., at 7:11 AM  

  • This one is great ash...I have become your fan...

    By Blogger Manini, at 11:06 AM  

  • 4 stars for that alignment :P

    By Blogger Unknown, at 11:56 AM  

  • Too good post..

    By Blogger Krishna S L, at 12:37 PM  

  • Am i missing something here?

    By Blogger Elavarasan, at 5:03 PM  

  • You have one advantage here,You can blame your parents for screwing your life if it goes wrong.

    By Blogger ninjax, at 5:45 PM  

  • @devy... "You take the red pill and you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes. Remember -- all I am offering is the truth, nothing more."

    @sriram... I'd only heard of this stuff as a kid, and then it happened to me.

    @whitetiger... Sorry dude, what was the question again?

    @manini... Thanks babe.

    @reeves... It's all science, it's all cosmic geometry. However, the heart has reasons that defy cerebral logic.

    @krishna... Thanks dude.

    @elavarasan... Just my usual cynicism.

    @contrarian... Convenient! If I didn't believe in karma, I'd be tempted to consider.

    By Blogger Livewire, at 8:46 AM  

  • hmm.. you can no longer be the lil kid.. :)

    By Blogger Prasad, at 7:55 AM  

  • I used to think like this for like forever.....

    But recently, my thoughts have started to change... and I am thinking differently... Call it age... Call it experience... call it stupidity... Or just that the fishing lines of community have hooked onto me!! lol..

    All the while, we feel it's impossible for us to be happy with people who we haven't chosen for ourselves.... That could be true to a certain level... But think of the other side....I agree that falling in love and having everything work out perfectly is like the best thing to happen... Nothing compares to that... But what about most of the other people.. Who fall in love and are left heartbroken?? I don't have any hard numbers or statistics for this... but just look around.... amongst friends and others... you will see that probably only one out of ten couples make it to the end...and by end here... I am just talking about marriage (not till death-do-us-apart) stuff!!

    So being educated people, think about it... Why not diversify risk!! Lol... As in.... have fun... enjoy the relationships you are in... But stay clear of the LOVE word... Atleast that keeps you about safe from the high probability of pain and depression!

    To strengthen my argument, I agree with what "Contrarian" said... You have your family's total support if something goes wrong with the marriage... They will back u to the hilt... as it is they who have put u on this path.... But in the case of a love marriage... You will here the "We told you so" a million times before they lift a finger to help you out!!

    However, arranged marriages or love marriages.....As long as they all lead to happiness and peace of mind...

    By Blogger Kumaran, at 9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 

Site Counter